Ethical Search Engine Optimization

J. Walker Author of Ethical Search Engine Optimization



If you have spent any time at all researching search engine optimization, you're already aware of the ethical vs. unethical SEO techniques debate. No matter which direction you turn, EVERYONE seems to have a different opinion on what is and acceptable. What is ethical search engine optimization?






How do you know if you are using ethical SEO techniques? How does a small business owner sort it all out so they can help insure that their site will do well in the search engines? Is it a matter of, "All is fair in love and war"? Are there search engine "gods" who will punish me if I unknowingly make the wrong decisions?

For me, there was never a debate. I define ethical by doing what's right, and by playing by the "rules" of the game. When I am in doubt as to what is acceptable, I simply refer to Google Information for Webmasters. I don't know if this is the RIGHT way to optimize a site, but I do know that following the guidelines has never let me down.

There are those who say that it's not possible to "win" in the search engines without using the so called unethical techniques. They say that the most competitive keywords will go to those who are willing to do "whatever" it takes to place in the top 3 and that those who "go by the rules" only stand a chance in the "niche phrases"

Let me ask you a question... Why would you want to compete with 15 million people for the keyword "widgets", if you only sell "red widgets"? Wouldn't it make far more sense to place well in the search engines for "red widgets"?

See, I don't think the key to success on the internet is receiving thousands of daily hits on your site. I think the key is receiving "targeted" hits on your site. When someone visits my site, I want it to be because I provide exactly what they are looking for.

That means I simply have to find my "niche" and then target "specific" traffic to my site. This is easily accomplished by choosing and following a set of basic SEO Techniques.




I WILL DEFINITELY SEE YOU AT THE TOP!

Source: http://www.gnc-web-creations.com

Related Post



0 comments:

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger